Wednesday 4 July 2007

Dude I'm in DC!

So I finally arrived in DC after a somewhat troublesome start. BA wouldn't let me on my flight as it was overbooked (all airlines do it don't you know, like I care) did get upgraded to WorldTraveller/clubish class though so wasn't too bad. However, wasn't best pleased at being in a US immigration queue (or should I say line, am down with the lingo) for nearly 3 hours till 3am (8am in my head) when the computers went down.

Anyway since being here, have caught up with friends, been to Georgetown, the National Portrait and Art Gallery, the Natural History Museum (think Titanic heart of the ocean = Hope Diamond meets Night at the Museum with the T-Rexes), all the many memorials and one monument and been out and about with the horrifically patriotic today for the 4th July. The people in their red, white and blue made me quite glad we handed over their independence quite frankly (yes handed over hmm). We got to have a bbq with Jax's boyfriend and his mates and watch the fireworks so all in all a v good day. Particularly after quite a heavy night drinking lots of liquor with said boyfriend and friends at the Wonderland Ballroom. Wonderland it was.

Just a couple more days of sightseeing before the long flight to Rio on Friday!
Hope y'all are just swell. (Get me out of here)
Ta ra for now xx

No comments: